Genesis 22:1-14: yellow ribbon project

Friday, October 08, 2004

yellow ribbon project

was walking to popular from the interchange today when 2 men approached me for donation but i just walked past them. but after taking less than 5 steps away, i actually realised tt they were ex-convicts selling yellow ribbons. i felt a little bad & i actually surprised myself when i turned around and walked back towards the nearest guy. after i put the money in, he handed me this small card with a yellow ribbon and said to me politely, "zhu(3) zhu(4) fu(2) ni(3)" which is, "God bless you" in mandarin. i dun recall saying anything back but after i turned to walk off, it struck me tt i should have said "God bless you too". but anyway, m so glad tt this guy has heard the gospel. it just made me tink of those ppl out there who really need to hear the gospel...m sure there are many others who haven't, & i pray that they will, eventually. my prayer for these ppl isn't just abt them being accepted by society once again, but rather, tt they hear of God's greatest Gift and be saved.
thank God for eve who helped me with the gtf notice board today. on the board, i actually wrote "in this world of darkness, we must SHINE!"...looking at the completed board, i asked myself...are we really shining for Him? reaching out to others in accordance with our theme?
anyway, tt's abt it for today actually...i would say it's been a pretty good day, cept for a l'il disappointment cos a fren wanted to meet for lunch but ended up falling asleep. i just pray tt this fren would be just a l'il more responsible...i hope she won't misunderstand me when i say this cos, if she wasn't a fren to me, this wouldn't even bother me. oh well, thank God for a fufilling day, cos m glad the notice board's finally done up. 1 item off my to-do list : )
alrite, most impt of all, before i happily bounce away, i'd just like to thank God my Best Friend (capital B, capital F) jonathan who brightened up my day (so bright i was almost blinded!!! heh). was really nice of him to come down to church to accompany me, and on top of tt, he even threw in a box of choco mint ice cream! thanks Best Friend! : )
sheesh...so much for yesterday's squash game. i ate so much today...and best, kor & suefern's gonna bring home some bbq chicken wings for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home