Genesis 22:1-14: GOD IS SOVEREIGN!

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

GOD IS SOVEREIGN!

m supposed to be staying over at eve's place but i just couldn't help coming home to share my testimony with everyone at home, and of cos here!
this evening, while gng to raffles shopping centre for dinner with eve & ric, i dropped my wallet and realised it only when we were at the food court. eve & i went back to wherever we've been to search for it while ric helped search my bag. of cos, the wallet was no longer in sight and i walked back to the food court feeling really disappointed...and a l'il heartbroken cos of all the stuff in it. i called darrell at home & told him to pray for me cos i lost my wallet but he told me "chey, wallet only. thank God not ur hp. at least u still can call home to tell us lor". of cos i felt that he wouldn't understand...but he was really helpful to tell me wat to do, like make a police report, come home, cancel posb card the next morning etc.
while sitting at the food court, i suddenly felt a l'il peace coming into my heart. i den realised tt, hey, this wallet is but anor earthly possession! i told ric & eve not to worry abt me & carry on with dinner...as ric left eve & i there to get food for us, i told eve to give me a moment to talk to God...
i said, "dear God, i pray that You will give me the peace & help me remember tt the wallet's just anor earthly possession that i cannot take to heaven when i die. help me get over it...but Lord, if it's Your will, i just pray tt You will convict the heart of the person who picks up my wallet..."
i was praying halfway when my hp started ringing. it was suefern. i was wondering "wow, how fast news spread...even kor's girlfriend knows abt it?" as i picked up the call.
"gwyneth, did u lose ur wallet?" she asked me. for a moment i tot God had allowed suefern to pick up my wallet! lols...but of cos, God had greater plans! suefern told me tt one mr singh called her to tell her tt he had picked up my wallet & wanted me to call him immediately.
eve & i ran all the way to peninsular hotel to meet mr singh, only to find out tt he wasn't the one who had picked it. i asked to meet the person who found it so i may thank him/her personally but was told tt it was a hotel guest who had checked out.
altho i have never met & prolly will never meet the person who picked up my wallet, i just wanna thank God for him/her & can only pray that God will bless him/her in His own way...
m also reminded tt my God is sovereign, always in control...eve's reminder to me was tt God blesses those who honour Him & do His work. i thank God for this reminder & encouragement...just as i was abt to give up on serving the Lord...
to God be the glory great things He hath done! amen!


ric took this for me. beautiful bridge. 3 of us posed for 1 together but the batt died

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home