Genesis 22:1-14: m sorry, God

Sunday, October 24, 2004

m sorry, God

"help me then in every tribulation
so to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
that i lose not faith's sweet consolation
offered me within Thy holy Word.
help me, Lord, when toil & trouble meeting,
e'er to take, as frm a father's hand,
one by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
till i reach the promised land."

"day by day" has been 1 of my fav hymns yet this stanza never struck me as hard as it did this morning @ youth service. i asked myself "have i been trusting Him in tribulation?" "have i really held on to faith's sweet consolation?" no, i haven't. i realised that afterall...i haven't been really thankful to Him abt my failure. subconciously, i've been angry at God tt i failed accounts...realised i've actually lost a l'il faith there the past 2 days. realised i'd actually kinda avoided Him....yeah, talked to Him, definitely. asked Him for help i sure did...but deep within, i tink i might have started to doubt Him...wondered why didn't He let me pass accounts...and if He'll do the same to my requests...

m just so thankful to God for His grace. for making me realise, before it was too late, how i've started to doubt Him...i pray that this hymn would always be a reminder to me that no matter wat happens, i need to constantly trust Him...

indeed, "who am i"...?

" "amazing grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me.
i once was lost but now m found, was blind but now i see"
and the more i sing that sweet old song, the more i understand,
that i do not comprehend this love tt's coming from Your hand.

who am i, that You would love me so gently?
who am i, that You would recognise my name?
who am i, that You speak to me so softly?
conversation with the Love most high, who am i?"

You know God...i'm so sorry. please forgive me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home