Genesis 22:1-14: goodbye "miss van"

Friday, July 14, 2006

goodbye "miss van"

today's been a very memorable day for me at sch. it was my last day as "miss van"...as i type this, my mind's full of things to say/ thank God for...but m just so unable to put them into words. so i shall just start by giving thanks to God and i guess it'll all flow...

i thank God for blessing me over the past 1 year & 3 months as a teacher at galilee. i've seen God's hand at work. despite all the trials & temptations i've gone thru, m glad God allowed me to walk this path to mould me more into the person He wants me to be. if there is something i badly need to learn in life, it's patience. today, i thank God m able to give thanks to Him for making me a more patient - tho not 100% perfect - person.

i thank God for giving me wonderful colleagues who never fail to encourage me and stand up for me. thank you, beloved teachers...you know who you are : )

thank God, too, for giving me very lovely students with parents who are very understanding and supportive of me...esp the parents of the kids i've had with me since i taught them in pre-nursery! they've been a blessing to me thru their actions & words of encouragement. parents who knew tt today was my last day have been very sweet and even showered me with their concern, well-wishes, words of gratitude, hugs and gifts...very special thanks to debbie's nanny, france's mommy, declan's mommy, megan's mommy and qinyi's parents...qinyi's parents even went all the way out to get a t-shirt specially printed for me, on top of a portrait of me with my class. no wonder auntie joyce wanted to take my measurements few days ago. they had called the office to get her help and to keep it confidential. i was so touched by the love shown by these parents, and how they've always been teaching their children to appreciate their teacher...i told myself not to cry today but i failed to hold back the flood gates.

one great blessing is seeing how God can change the lives of ppl, even little children. it's been a great joy seeing one family coming to the Lord, and m very grateful to God, too, for using me to lead one little soul to Christ. wat makes it even better is his sincerity and his salvation being so real, despite his age.

i must say i've been truly blessed by my Heavenly Father. i was sharing with auntie joyce how grateful i am to God tt m leaving the kindergarten happily without any unhappiness or grudges...and she agreed, sharing with me tt she's never seen parents so personal and told me tt they even bothered to call to initiate the t-shirt thing...

auntie maureen a.ka. mrs teo and the teachers held a really wonderful farewell (with really good food!) for me today. but m most thankful for their words of encouragement they wrote, in a study bible they got as a gift for me...as i read what they each wrote...i couldn't help but tear again...

this evening, as i was showing mommy what the parents and teachers did for me, i asked her for the 2nd time "so mom, do you regret allowing me to work at the kindergarten?" and also..." are you proud of me?" well, i guess most of you should know her response (tt vey same smile i got last nite)...she actually even added tt it was becos of God's goodness ;) indeed, all these little achievements wouldn't have come to pass without the grace of my Almighty God, my Jehovah-Jireh...may all praise and credit i got today, go to Him, and Him alone...

tt's it for now. should anything come to mind, i'll just edit this post...so don't be too surprised if you see changes like little additions here and there...and yes, i'll miss all the "miss vaaaan!"s...

2 Comments:

At 2:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing done because, through and for Christ is done in vain.
Father God had placed you in Galilee Kibdergarten for a specific reason...
And I dare, if I can by faith, say that it is because of this same reason, in which you have by God's grace already achieved, that God is taking you out of this ministry, only to greater heights and responsibility, so that you can by God;s grace, be a blessing elsewhere, using whatever u've learnt here to be a sunbeam for Him. I thank God for your love for Christ... You've done well.. But above all, all glory, praise and honour be due to Him.
Agape,
Jon ong.

 
At 11:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi gwyn ,
reading it actually made me tear...time really flies when you don't want it to.....
MISS miss van for sure....

AA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home