Genesis 22:1-14: psalm 34:18

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

psalm 34:18

today, i received 2 letters, one from my colleague, mrs ng, who wrote to tell me she loves me & wants to cheer me up. i really appreciate how she always puts in effort to make my day, be it through a letter, gift or even making a trip to cafe galilee to get me iced mocha. here, i'd just like to thank her, and God, for allowing me to meet such a wonderful lady, who never fails to encourage me.

anor came from my student's mother who sent it through the kindergarten. she wrote me a long letter in a card, to thank me. i tot tt was really nice of her. i can never express how much this letter means to me through words alone...but i just want to say tt this card is definitely a big encouragement to me. it's a joy to know tt i've made a difference in someone's life afterall, and definitely only by the grace of God. this mommy thinks tt i deserve the credit for the improvement tt her child has shown, but i want to let her know tt no, it's not mine, but God's alone...m an unqualified teacher, remember? ;) also, i met her on my way home today and i found out tt she actually knows i was a law student - which has got nothing to do with early childhood teaching! i was shocked, and a lil worried becos one of my fears is tt parents wouldn't be comfortable putting their kids with someone who's not been trained (and according to this mommy, a yr ago, she told her husband, "so young! wonder how long she'll stay")...so i asked her "er, how did you know?" she told me tt she heard it frm other parents and wow, i really wanna thank God for these parents who were so supportive and gave me a chance, knowing it all along. to tink i've been trying my best not to talk abt wat i studied! haa...all praise & glory be to God!

God sure has His ways of cheering me up through different people. altho the past few days have been rather heartwrenching, i still want to thank God for what He has put me through becos den, i'd be more appreciative of all the acts of love shown to me - big or small. i thank God too, for bringing me closer to my friends from poly, esp jiahui & jade (you know why, so thanks!!!)...

something tt really comforted me during precepts class last nite:
"the Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." psalm 34:18

it really felt like God was speaking to me then...reminding me tt He'll always be near me. thank You, Abba Father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home