Genesis 22:1-14: birthday thanksgiving

Saturday, February 04, 2006

birthday thanksgiving

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! I want to acknowledge and give thanks to God for the bountiful blessings that He’s bestowed on me for the past 21 years of my life.

I thank God for wonderful parents who love me more than they can ever express and most of all, for moving my parents’ hearts to make the decision to follow Jesus in 1992…because of that, I was given the privilege to openly put my faith in Him too. I received Christ in Primary One, and reaffirmed my salvation only years later, when I finally saw for myself what a real and mighty God I serve.

I thank God for the friends He has put in my life, for the schools He has put me in although I only saw His purpose for me in each school much later, for a church to go to and the freedom of worshipping Him! I thank God too, for the simplest yet most necessary things like food, clothes and more than just a roof over my head :)

Being a Christian however, does not mean that my life is a smooth journey…but I am able to, by God’s grace, give thanks for both the good and bad times because of His precious promise. God never promised me a smooth-sailing life; He only promised to be with me always (“For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” Isaiah 41:13), and He’s been faithful!

God has been Jehovah-Jireh – my Provider to all my needs. Although I can’t say that I get all that I want, I must admit that God sees to my every need, and for that, I cannot say that I am lacking. God is my Jehovah-Shammah – the Lord Who is there…always. He’s my Prince of Peace in times of confusion, my Guide and Counsellor in times of sadness. He’s my Bestest Friend who loved me so much He gave His life up for me (“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends.” John 15:13). He is my Heavenly Father, the same God Who created the heavens and the earth, but above all His glories, cares about me. He is my Source of Comfort, Strength and Wisdom. (”I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Philippians 4:13)

I thank God too for His promise in Philippians 4:6-7 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” God has kept His promise by giving me peace in my heart whenever I go to Him in prayer, even when I know for sure I was going to fail certain modules at school back then, but He was even more gracious to allow me to pass even in times when I didn’t deserve to. Indeed, my God is gracious and He hears and answers prayers!

Last year has been a wonderful year for me spiritually. I thank God for my spiritual mentors like Sis Charissa and Rev Ong who have been guiding the youths patiently all these years. I thank God that through discipleship with Sis Charissa, I’ve become regular in my quiet time with God and by His grace, grown spiritually. I thank God too, for the privilege of leading souls to Christ last year!

My life has been worth living for not because of who I am or what I have done…but because of Christ, and what He has done for me. He has bought me with His life and I am saved by grace through faith! Life has never felt empty since the day I found Christ and started living for Him. My purpose in life is to please and glorify God in all that I do...each day is filled with joy and peace that comes from knowing the Lord and Him alone…how about you? Have you got that peace and joy in you? If not, are you willing to let Him come into your life and fill your heart today?

"for to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home