Genesis 22:1-14: sowing seeds

Thursday, August 24, 2006

sowing seeds

thank God for an opportunity to share the gospel with 4 students today. koi's discipleship session today was to share the gospel with others, so bro nat, p'gade, koi & i went to this coffee stand beside the erc, where some students would hang around in between classes to have a snack or drink. i realised tt the thais can be really polite, even if they might not want to hear wat you have to say. so long as someone approaches them, they would smile and listen. either tt, or they were just trying to be nice becos prior to approaching them, i had given up my table to them. if there's one thing i could ask for today, i really wished i could speak thai, or at least know enough just to share the gospel in their language. it's my first time sharing the gospel on this trip (shared only my testimony of salvation during spiritual revival week)...and boy, it really isn't easy. but thank God for koi who worked with me to share the gospel with the 4 students. thank God for boldness :)

i thank God too, for the ppl who came for eng club today. bro nat pointed out tt it looks like we might be having a different crowd from now. many of those who used to come weren't here today...but by God's grace, 3 or 4 new students have been joining us for the past 2 club meetings :) we had a discussion to see what we could do to bring more ppl to the club. decided tt other than publicity thru posters, each of them could also try inviting a friend. took down hp no.s & email addresses. let's just pray this grp would be consistent...

today's reading from "experiencing God" was abt doing God's will. God is more interested in a love relationship with me than what i can do for Him. His desire is for me to love Him. realised i've been praying for the wrong answer. instead of asking "what's God's will for my life?", i should be asking, "what is God's will?". m i able to follow God one day at a time, even if He does not spell out all the details? will i be able to surrender all & pray: "Lord, I will do anything that Your kingdom requires of me. wherever you want me to be, i'll go. whatever the circumstances, i'm willing to follow. if You want to meet a need through my life, i am Your servant; and i will do whatever is required."..? o God, help me...

1 Comments:

At 10:16 pm, Blogger chumly said...

I enjoyed the song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home