Genesis 22:1-14: goodbye 2004

Friday, December 31, 2004

goodbye 2004

Praise God for all the wonderful things He has done for me! The year 2004 has been a really trying (and tiring) one for me. But without fail, and as promised in my favourite verse (Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me), the Lord has been my constant source of comfort and strength.

I thank God for all the important lessons I learnt through circumstances and the people around me. Thank God for a friendship that was almost lost because of pride. Through this incident, God has taught me to be humble when He convicted my heart to put away all pride and speak to that friend. I thank God that we are now talking and although we may no longer be the good friends we used to be, I thank God for a reminder that as time passed, the feelings of people may change, but God never changes.

This year, for the first time in poly, I failed one of my modules. I was filled with disappointment. I knew I had no one but myself to blame, and told myself that I would still be thankful to God that I failed. But during one youth service, the song "Day by Day" made me realise that subconsciously, I had been angry at God for not letting me pass. I went to God, asked Him for forgiveness and asked Him for strength so that in every tribulation, I may "lose not faith's sweet consolation, offered me within His holy word".

After taking the supp paper, I was very sure that if God does not intervene, I can never pass. I pleaded with God to allow me to pass because I was told that if i did not pass this time, I would have to stay in school for another semester when they offer this module again. I thank God for this trial, because it allowed me to see how many people cared and pleaded for God's mercy on my behalf. Most importantly, I saw God's power. I passed that paper - purely by the grace of God.

I'm grateful to God also for my internship programme. I had made a mistake by sending out my resume too late and when 2 firms finally called me, I was so thankful to God. But that was not all that God had in store for me. I totally lost hope in the first interview and put all hope in the second and only one that was left. To make matters worse, I had to make a decision between obeying my Dad or going ahead for an interview with that firm, which he did not want me to be at. Thank God for friends in GTF who reminded me that God speaks through my parents. It was a tough choice, but I am thankful that God gave me courage to obey my Dad, and ultimately, obey Him. I prayed and requested that if it was within His will, that I be offered a place in the first law firm. A day before the deadline, I recieved an email from that law firm, offering me an internship position. "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6. Indeed, God keeps His promises.

Thank God also for an opportunity to go on a vacation-with-a-purpose in Chiangmai! This trip really opened my eyes and made me realise how much God has blessed Singapore with a wise government which has ensured most of us get an education. It made this year's national day a different one for me. This time, I wasn't just proud to be a Singaporean, but grateful that God made me one.

Thank God also for the burden He laid upon my heart to reach out to a friend this year. I pray that God will continue to give me the wisdom and words to say to this friend. Most importantly, I thank God that my family are of the household of faith and the blessed assurance that I will see them in Heaven.

The Lord has been so real to me and I want to give Him all the credit that He deserves. To God be the glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home