Genesis 22:1-14: God is too good to be unkind

Friday, August 26, 2005

God is too good to be unkind

anor week has gone by & i thank God for an entire week with papa. indeed, God is too wise to be mistaken, God is too good to be unkind. papa was supposed to fly off on thu but his flight was postoned after his checkup with his company doctor. everything was fine, cept for his heart report - abnormal. i didn't know what to expect when i heard it. i felt scared, yet somehow, God gave me this peace in my heart, which seemed to tell me everything would be alrite. papa was referred to the heart centre for an ecg which also came out with the same result - abnormal. he was told tt things were pretty serious becos his artery was blocked. but the doctor said, too, tt there's a 20% chance tt it's a false alarm. papa didn't tell me, till today, but he had really hoped he fell within tt tiny weeny 20%. well, papa went for anor check today, which according to the doc is a more accurate one...and praise God! everything was perfectly normal & i really think God has been really merciful to papa, to us. this whole thing has just made me realise how little time i've been spending with papa...and reminded tt i should cherish every single moment with him whenever he's back. anyway, he's flying off again tmr morning, but m glad i made a wise decision to turn down all appointments to spend this evening with my family. it's been a great time of fellowship, tho i wonder why we always end up at nowhere else but crystal jade...cos i really wanted to eat at thai express >.<>

2 Comments:

At 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gwyneth,

I will be praying earnestly for your father. We are all in good hands, HIS Hands.

After being so long as a child of our Almighty God, I come to know a few truths.

"God never makes mistakes with our lives."

"God knows what He is doing with our lives."

"When God allows trials, He has confident in us that we will be able to go through them and emerge as victors, and at the same time, grow in Him and be wiser. Plus, be a blessing to those around us, esp. to those who may be called to walk through the same trials as we've walked through."

"All things really work for good for those who love HIM and are called according to HIS purpose."

"God is good and He is good, all the time."

Through the many things in my life, I know they happened for a purpose, for His purpose, so that His name can be glorified. As I think back, i know, it is His mighty Hand, His mighty powers and many a times, His mighty intervention that help me be who I am today, or who you see today.

If there is any good about my bad past, it is a sensitive heart God has nurtured in me towards hurting children and wayward teens. I know, the pain and hurt which they hide within them which cause them to do or say the things they do or say.

Thank you for your devotional sharing on faith too. Guess what? That particular Sunday after your sharing, my church's Senior Pastor shared on ......... Faith !!!

"I got the messeage, dear Lord! I will rekindle my faith everyday. I will not borrow tomorrow's sunshine, for I know, you will rain manna for me daily and I am to collect my daily heavenly bread. Thank You, Lord Jesus. :)"

See you tomorrow :)

God Bless you, Gwyneth :)

Love,
Jesselyn Ng

P/S: and oh yes, thank God always for your lovely family. You have been very, very blessed. :)

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger gwyneth said...

hey mrs ng! thanks for your prayers, i really really appreciate it & my dad thanks you all too :) guess wat? He is perfectly fine now, all glory to Jehovah-rapha!
also...i really thank God for bringing you into my life. you've been a great encouragement, and when i told my dad abt how you've been helping me (esp when i was sick the other day!), his reply was "there are ppl in this world who really go all out to help others" and hey, i tink you're one such rare person :) you continue to be a blessing to others too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home