Genesis 22:1-14: thank You, Lord for this reminder...

Saturday, July 23, 2005

thank You, Lord for this reminder...

found something i wrote 2 years ago...

17th May, 2003
I was really encouraged when Sheila shared at GTF today. It was her first time at GTF. What she said reminded me, if not all of us, about the promise we made to God on Dedication Sunday. When asked if she would like to choose a song to sing, she didn’t just choose any song randomly. Instead, she chose a song that she already had in mind: O Jesus, I Have Promised. She shared that this song comforts and reminds her of what she has decided to do for God, despite her busy schedule in JC. Indeed, we should ask God to let us feel Him near us, especially when there are worldly temptations or whatsoever. No matter what tempts us or distracts us, Jesus would be there to shield us from sin.

I thank God for bringing Sheila to GTF today. I have always thought that she was a quiet girl only very involved in studies. But I was so wrong. It was really encouraging to see another fellow sister-in-Christ so ‘on fire’ for God, especially when she was from Galilee. What she shared at GTF not only changed my opinion of her. It was also a reminder to all of us, especially the ex-co members: We’ve made a promise to God –to serve Him.

O Jesus, I have promised to serve Thee to the end;
Be thou forever near me, my Master and my Friend.
I shall not fear the battle if Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway if Thou wilt be my Guide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home