Genesis 22:1-14: my name is gwyneth van.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

my name is gwyneth van.

really thank God for seeing me thru the past week. just got home from church after firm foundations class & prayer meeting. got a chance to witness pastor heng burning the idols before i left church. m really glad too, for bringing all 4 of us (mag, eve, nelson & myself) plus ric & josiah to join us for firm foundations class & prayer meeting this evening : )

i thank God for elder richard's sharing at prayer meeting. i recently borrowed "the name book" from our church library and actually found out the meaning behind my name...and i really felt tt today's sharing was really timely.

GWYNN, Gwinn, Gwyn, Gwynne
Language/Cultural Origin: Welsh
Inherent Meaning: Spotless
Spiritual Connotation: Seeker of Wisdom
Scripture: Isaiah 58:14 NIV (Then you shall delight yourself in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth.)

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7

What den, is the fear of the Lord?
"The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do i hate." Proverbs 8:13

i've come to realise how meaningful my name is and i really thank God for it. i pray tt i would indeed be a seeker of wisdom, and my God is a God of wisdom, so where else can i seek wisdom? no one else, no not one, but my Heavenly Father, the one & only omniscient God.

something really interesting too. my surname actually has a meaning!

VAN, Vann
Language/Cultural Origin: Dutch
Inherent Meaning: Water Dam
Spiritual Connotation: Forgiving
Scripture: Ecclesiastes 1:15 TLB (What is wrong cannot be righted; it is water over the dam; and there is no use thinking of what might have been.)

well...was really surprised, actually to find out tt my surname actually means "forgiving"...which makes me really ashamed of myself. was asking myself if i've been forgiving to the faults of others and realise...hmm, not really. just pray too, tt i would learn to be more like Jesus, always forgiving...so forgiving tt He was willing to die on the cross for our sins.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful sharing on your name, Gwyneth. I am blessed reading it.

Somehow, before the foundations of this earth, our Father God also called you by name. And by the miracle and miracles, your parents name you Gwyneth Van.

May your whole life speaks loud of your name. Amen.

God bless you.
Love,
Jess Ng

 

Post a Comment

<< Home