Genesis 22:1-14: wat a sweet way to be reminded : )

Monday, October 24, 2005

wat a sweet way to be reminded : )

lately, we've been practising for our concert items at sch & one of my students was assigned to take on anor role tt was supposed to be taken by a boy from anor class. each time before rehearsals, he'd come to me to assure himself by telling me "miss van, later you will come and take me?". so each time, i'd tell him "yes, i will...now be good, and listen to mrs teo & mrs phua while you're over there. i'll go get you when we're done with practising". in fact, he's been doing this lately. like when i've gotta excuse myself from class & anor teacher comes in to relieve me, he'll run out of class after me, grabbing my hand while asking me "later you will come back for me?"

today, he said the same thing to me. i did too. i even said he was "loh-soh" (long-winded). but today was different. it was a rather hectic day. i had to juggle between being with my own class & making trips to the sanctuary to play the piano for the other classes. anyway, when the pre-nursery kids (which means my class too) were almost done with their washroom trip, i was walking over to get them when a teacher from anor class came up to me with tt student, telling me he was throwing tantrums and scolding anor teacher in the loo. to spare you the details, anyway, i decided to ask him why he was doing tt.

looking like he was trying to fight back his tears, he said to me "becos, becos...i couldn't find you."

i'd broken my promise to a lil kid.
anyway, i shared this not becos m proud tt i'd broken my promise to a kid. i just wanna thank God for this precious reminder to keep my word. mean it when i say something, and say something only when i mean it. also, i thank God for giving me such a wonderful class, and for the growing bond between my students and me.

thank You, Father, for bringing these lovely children into my life, and for all the joy You've brought me, through them...

1 Comments:

At 1:46 pm, Blogger Jesselyn Ng said...

Hi Gwyneth,

When I was your age, I also embarked in preschool teaching.

Now as I look back, the only thing I regret is that I did not write down all these little things which our little blessings do and say for/ to us.

13 years have passed and I find myself having very faint memories of most of my 500 students. I can only remember the year 2000 batch of students very vividly. I should have written all those little things down.

Please, Gwyn, keep writing. When you look back, I am sure that you will be glad that you did. And take pics of them before they move on to Nursery in 2006. Every year, each child will look slightly different. And one thing for sure, they will never be so tiny again.

Like for me, some of my students are taller than me. They tower over me and still went, "Miss Liau ....". Hahaha .... what a sight.

Enjoyed reading your sharing very much, thank you for taking time to share. It will be really sweet if that boy can have a copy of what you had written about them (simplified form). The day comes when he can read this on his own, he will really fondly remember his Miss Van, his first love, first teacher. :)

Love,
Jesselyn Ng

 

Post a Comment

<< Home