Genesis 22:1-14: a rainbow for me :)

Friday, October 07, 2005

a rainbow for me :)

God never promised a life all smooth-sailing, but He promised to be there for me thru each trial, each step of the way, and He definitely kept His promise. it's been a trying (and of cos tiring) week for me. was really disheartened & frustrated with how someone treated me, or rather, almost every other person at my workplace. many times, i cried, or teared...esp when my student was wronged & i tried standing up for him but got yelled at. honestly, i didn't cry for myself...as i looked at my student standing there, with tears flowing down his cheeks, i couldn't hold mine back either...and this qn kept ringing in my head "we're all sinners. why won't you give him a chance?" i wanted so much to say tt to the person who wronged my student, and for always labelling him as "the bad boy". i was sad, and really angry.

but God is good. God is gracious. He used a colleague who called me tt evening to comfort me. i was really touched by the christian love this colleague has shown me. she actually noticed i've been down, and bothered to call up to find out wat's wrong. tt evening, i told her wat happened & cried it out, and i felt so much better...shelia dear, too, called up to check on me at night, becos i had sent her a sms earlier in the day during work, to request for prayer...tt God would give me grace & tolerance.

today, a K1 student came up to me with a drawing.
"miss van, this is for you..." when i asked her abt wat she had drawn, she explained her drawing...and after i told her i'd definitely stick it up on the wall in my room, she said something tt really made me smile.

pointing to a brown, green & orange streak at the top of her drawing, she said to me "and this is a rainbow."

what a wondrous God i have, Who loves & cares for me. although God didn't show me a rainbow in the sky, He had a little girl draw one - just for me.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 am, Blogger Grass Cutter said...

It's nice that you blog this entry down to share. Many a times God show His unfailing love to us through people .. your friends' call, your student's drawing, etc. What God will be happy is to know that His daughter picks herself back on track & continue to carry the burden to shine for Him. Continue to F.R.O.G. >>> Fully Rely On God.

Shall cover you in prayers! Take care & cheers *winks*.

 
At 6:04 pm, Blogger gwyneth said...

thanks so much christabel : ) may you continue to be a beacon for Him as well~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home