Genesis 22:1-14: Who will remember me?

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Who will remember me?

according to Thy gracious word, in meek humilty,
this will i do, my dying Lord, i will remember Thee.

Thy body, broken for my sake, my bread from heaven shall be;
the testamental cup i take, and thus remember Thee.

Gethsemane can i forget? or there Thy conflict see,
Thine agony, and bloody sweat, and not remember Thee?

When to the cross i turn mine eyes, and rest on calvary,
O Lamb of God, my sacrifice, i must remember Thee.

remember Thee and all Thy pains and all Thy love to me;
yea, while a breath, a pulse remains, will i remember Thee.

and when these failing lips grow dumb and mind and memory flee,
when Thou shalt in Thy kingdom come,
Jesus, remember me.

when i came to the last stanza during holy communion this morning, i couldn't hold back my tears. i was so touched by tt very last line of the hymn: Jesus, remember me. there, all i need is for Jesus to remember me...i tot abt how, like in this hymn, my physical body will start failing and how my memory might fail me & cause me to forget everything, even Jesus! it's scary, but when i read the last line again, i was no longer afraid. for i know for sure tt my Jesus will never forget me...even if everyone in the world forgets me, or vice versa, all i need is for my Jesus to just...remember me.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 pm, Blogger oxygn said...

How comforting a thought=)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home