Genesis 22:1-14: God is real to my friends too :)

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

God is real to my friends too :)

just last month, after not hearing from a thai friend for a long time and wondering why, he finally got in touch with me again and shared that his family wasn't doing well and he had to quit university to look for a job. thank God, he found one pretty quick - but as a waiter in a chinese restaurant. at that point, even though he trusted that God would see him through, i was feeling rather sad that this friend had to go through so many setbacks in life and asked God why. but last week, this thai friend shared with me that it's been only one month but he's now been promoted to restaurant supervisor! สรรเสริญพระเจ้า! anyway, i was very encouraged by this friend's testimony of how God has never left him alone and has been so good to him. this friend is A (not sure if those who met him still rmb him) and he'd like me to share this with his friends in singapore, so that's one of the reasons m sharing this on my blog :)

i was encouraged last night, too, when ss shared about how God saw him through his company law paper. when he first flipped through the paper, he was really lost but after crying out to our omniscient God for help, he managed to start writing down the answers to the questions. and when he came to one question that he was 100% sure.......he could not answer (!), and was left with 5 minutes, he prayed that if God wanted him to answer this qn, then help him to answer it. and guess what, he flipped his textbook and after 2 flips, the answer to that question was staring right at him! and so very quickly, he managed to pen down the answer on his script in time. praise God!

truly, the God i've known to be so real and personal to me, is just as real to my friends :) i really thank God for His precious reminder that He is a God who is not only real and personal to each one of us who desire to have a love relationship with Him, but that He is sovereign too :)

1 Comments:

At 12:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,
ss here. the one who took the company law paper. After that paper, I was not sure whether I could pass it or not but was very sure that the highest grade I'll get is a borderline pass. As I checked my results 2 days ago, I was shocked to find that I scored a distinction for my Company Law paper. Praise the Lord! A borderline pass and a distinction is a huge difference. This shows me how real God is to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home