Genesis 22:1-14: Sunday School Camp '07 - day 2

Monday, December 10, 2007

Sunday School Camp '07 - day 2

paying $100 for the two buses we hired to take us to west coast park might have seemed like a waste of money because we didn't get to go in the end (due to the wet weather). but looking at it more positively, i would say we paid $100 for an opportunity for the camp committee (esp the YAFers) to put into practice what we learnt abt submitting to the will of God. before this camp, we were reminded that we may have plans (and back-up ones, too) but God has the right and can change them as He pleases...and our roles should be submitting to His plan and responding to the changes in a Christ-like manner. well, i was really encouraged and impressed that after the decision not to proceed to west coast park was made, very quickly, everyone was seen setting up the game stations around the church premises :)

was rather discouraged this afternoon after "connect session". for the past 2 years i mentored at ss camp, i was working with the juniors. working with kids, by God's grace, is my strength. ppl close to me tell me so, and i myself know it & acknowledge as God's gift to me. but i chose to work with the seniors for a change this year and was rather excited. and so...after today's "connect session", when the youths seem to be so unresponsive towards me and the qns i ask, i was really disappointed and regretted my decision...i was out of my comfort zone. i felt lousy. i missed the kids' enthusiasm and i thought of doing a swap with eugene (my co-mentor). but i thank God for using 'cher to encourage and remind me that i may be out of my comfort zone, but it's thru my weakness that God's strength can be made perfect, and it's in times like these that i learn dependence on God, and not myself.

joanne dear came by to camp to pass us christmas cards and to say bye before she flies to london tonight at 11pm. it was only a short while, but it was really sweet of her to do that. and i thank God she came at the right time so the 3 of us could spend a few moments alone in the ladies' dorm talking...well dearie, i pray you'll be kept safe as you travel and may you have a wonderful and meaningful trip!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home