Genesis 22:1-14: obeying is tough

Sunday, August 29, 2004

obeying is tough

i'm so tired now...emotionally...just talked to 'cher on the fone cos i needed advice on wat to say tmr when i call the law firm. i've come to a decision. and that decision is to respect dad's advice...

i now know how what it really means to make a choice to obey my parents & God...even when the other alternative seems so good. i cried a great deal. my heart aches, but i'm sure God my Jehovah Shammah will be there for me and i thank Him for this testing that He has brought me to...

what i learnt:
1. it's all my fault. i should have taken down dad's instructions & not take it for granted.
2. i should have sent out my applications earlier.
3. i need to bear the consequences of my own actions. even if i get a place i dun wan to be at, i asked for it.
4. God speaks thru my parents. if dad says no, obey it for God says "honour thy father & mother".

what i thank God for:
1. dad cares for me.
2. the 2 firms called me.
3. putting me thru this testing.
4. helping me decide to obey my father.
5. grace, knowing that God will never forsake me & leave me alone in this situation.

the list goes ever on...i won't list them all but am so glad that God has helped me make a wise decision. i know that my sch frens would probably think i'm being stupid by not gng for the interview tmr. but right now, what matters is that i've done wat's right in God's eyes. i pray that my tutors would understand why i decided not to go for the interview...

Dear Heavenly Father, i pray that You'll give me the strength & courage to call the firm to explain truthfully why i cannot go...O Lord God, i pray too, that You would give me faith in You Lord, faith that You have better plans for me...

i thank God for 'cher. for being there. for the advice she gave. and for the reminder to just turn my eyes upon Jesus, like how Helen Lemmel did in my favourite song...

turn your eyes upon Jesus...
look full in His wonderful face...
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim...
in the light of His glory & grace...

amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home