Genesis 22:1-14: 'bad' day?

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

'bad' day?

i'm listening to: Who Am I? -Point of Grace

today's been a day of testing for me. went thru quite a no. of bad encounters...like falling asleep on the train and missing my stop, being 15min late for class 'cos of that, failing company law paper really badly...gng to the sch's lab to print my cover letter & resume, only to realise i've left the diskette in my pc at home...but i thank God for sparing my life today. the bus i took on my way home almost got into an accident. i tink the uncle drove too fast & couldn't brake on time...the slippery road didn't help and the bus skidded sideways. on my side. it hit the kurb real hard the bus felt like it would overturn. i thank God it didn't cos the traffic light post was just beside my window.

i was sharing at prayer meeting abt my tots earlier this afternoon. i said to myself "sigh. so much bad stuff happening to me. how am i gonna go for prayer meeting this evening, with a grateful heart?" after sharing, pastor told me a story of the butcher who almost chopped off his finger. there was a butcher who always went for prayer meeting to praise the Lord. one day he cut himself with the chopper and he said to himself "how am i gng to give thanks to the Lord today?" later, at prayer meeting, he stood up and said "praise the Lord! thank God i cut my finger today, but didn't chop it off" : )

i also wanna thank God for mommy. despite me being such a brat, she's always so nice to me. today, i realised tt i had to buy my concession becos it expires tmr...so i smsed her to ask tt she transferred money into my bank account. when she came home, she reminded me not to do things so last min again. i told her tt i didn't realise it till today and we kinda had a little arguement. but still, she walked over and gave me a little bag. it was a gift. a bracelet & a pair of earrings. mommy...one day when u read this, i wan u to know tt i felt real touched...thank you mommy. i thank God for u...

alrite...guess i can still let her noe...i'm gonna write her a love letter now. yes. now...

1 Comments:

At 12:18 am, Blogger t i m o said...

helloo! so encouraged by ur post~ how's u been?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home