Genesis 22:1-14: bloody (literally) squabbash!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

bloody (literally) squabbash!

really thank God for making things go smooth for me today. just as i boarded the bus at the interchange on the way to uncle siong teck's place for squash, allvina called me to tell me tt i could get alan to give me a ride. the bus uncle had already moved off but was nice enuf to let me get off. i tried calling alan, but he didn't pick up & i kinda panicked when my hp batt went low. i quickly went to a tel phone booth to try getting him (like how long have i not touched one? & it was so oily lo!) when someone tapped me on my shoulder. thank God it was alvin ng! it was nice of him to lend me his hp to call alan & even offered to stay arnd in case they called him back on his hp. when my hp rang, i went "alan ah?" only to hear the person say "no, alex here". he told me tt his parents could give me a ride to uncle siong teck's place...was pretty surprised how they knew i needed a ride there (turned out cos allvina manage to contact uncle hoon poh) but at the same time, felt so relieved. went over to their place to wait and got to catch up a lil with alex. he's so funny. always hurries to grab a shirt whenever he hears anybody asking for him...haa. teased him abt how he chooses his game over us every sun, but at least i found out his game subscription ends on 19th march, so hopefully he'll be free to hang out with us!

(alrite, just realised the whole para above is full of ppl whose names begin with the letter "A")

this evening's squash game was bloody. literally. this guy called junhao, who joins them for squash every tue, rammed right into the wall and his specs left him a cut on his eyebrow. i've never seen so much blood in front of me, let alone clean it up. the kids were all ee-ing away while auntie christine, auntie jess & i wiped the blood off the court & his racket (funny, but i tot it reminded me of a scene in the passion of the Christ, heh). oh my, from the amount of blood on the floor and his hands & face, we really tot he needed quite a few stitches. but thank God for sparing him a trip to the hospital cos it eventually stopped bleeding profusely. indeed, God is merciful...

well, i had lotsa fun playing squash with the auntie celine & auntie christine. and of cos, tennis (for a while) with the tennis-ers incl the formidable liang twins! i've finally seen them play for myself! haa, and i can now say i played BESIDE a twin! hee, was quite paiseh but it was such a consolation hearing the twin (dunno which tho) say "heyy, tt shot was not bad!" or "nice shot" when i get the ball over. haharz...but reality hurts, i suck at it.

anyway, really thank God for this evening. thank God also for uncle siong teck & auntie christine for opening their home to us, and for their love & hospitality!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home