Genesis 22:1-14: maundy thursday

Thursday, March 24, 2005

maundy thursday

blow some bubbles or slap your thighs...anything! woooohoooo! today's the day i've been waiting for! my last paper! well, God-willing, i hope seat 53 would be my last exam table ever!

anyway, hung out with my best poly friends since year 1 (melissa, jiahui, yenting) and jade after our paper! i've never caught spongebob squarepants cartoons but caught the movie today (cos m so nice to you darlings, rite? even when u insisted on gng to lido. owe me one)...it's a great feeling having all the stress lifted off my shoulders & to just enjoy myself : ) thank God for these friends i've had with me over the past 3 years...(btw guys, for making me go coffeebean instead of starbucks, u owe me two). nanny nanny poo poo!

well, went for maundy thursday memorial service this evening. it's the night before Christ was crucified...just wanna thank God for His great love towards us...and like pastor said, may we tink of the struggles Jesus went thru in the garden of gethsemane the night before He was betrayed...how Jesus could have chosen not to suffer on the cross, yet He, Who is totally blameless, allowed Himself to be humiliated and to be hung on tt cross to free us all from our sins. yeap...Jesus is THE (not a) WAY, THE Truth, and the Life.

maundy actually comes frm the latin word "mandatum" which means "commandment. in john 13:34-35, Jesus said, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this, shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have loved one another." during the middle ages, foot-washing was practised. altho we do not practise foot-washing today, may the spirit of humility of our Lord be amongst us as we minister to each other's needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home