Genesis 22:1-14: galilee church camp 2005

Friday, June 10, 2005

galilee church camp 2005

first of all, i thank God for allowing me to come to camp. despite being in church for 14 years, this is offcially my first 'galilee church camp'! the last one i went to was a combined one with sharon bpc & i decided not to count tt, heh. at first, i was really excited abt camp not because of the theme but the fact tt all 6 of us 1985ies were able to be at camp together for the first time & we'd be able to spend time bonding. in fact, the night before camp, when joy asked for the theme, i could only tell her "i tink it's something like 'living out your faith' or wat". she asked for the book we were touching on & my response was "huh? you mean we get to know it before camp ah? i tot go camp den find out wan". -.-" but i really thank God for the msg by professor william hardings. this has to be my most trying camp. as i sat listening to the msges each morning, guilt filled me cos i was struggling with an issue. as professor hardings preached abt how true wisdom is when you show compassion etc, i found it hard to accept someone at camp. it was a struggle for me & my closer friends but thank God for this trial which has made the msg on "living out your faith" speak to us even more.

lots of things happened this camp...well, the 1985ies didn't exactly have much time together, but we actually got to sit down together without anyone else for a while last nite...tho the 'floodgates were opened' and 4 of us cried till our eyes hurt & had headaches. it wasn't the least bit wat i expected us to do at camp, but m just glad we sat down & resolved things on our own & tt things are fine now. m sure 'cher would be really proud of us if she knew abt wat happened.

altho the camp didn't turn out the way i wanted it to, i still thank God for it...and for the friends i've had with me so many years...regardless of whether they'll always feel the same abt our friendship. i really really thank God especially for my 2 dears, joanne & shelia for standing by me and bearing with me...love you. glory to God for the wonderful things He has done!


camp group shot

on the bus to the ostrich farm - josiah & me


joanne & me with an ostrich!

the 1985 'kids' - erica, dear, me, joanne dear, ss, alex, joshua & josiah :)

my 2 dears & i with our beloved camp speaker & his wife, professor & mrs william harding

my 2 dears & me : )


me & nelson with a "help! save me!" tract...


alex & me - after i insisted tt we not block the banner...hee

my 'girlfriend' kim & me...haa


the 1985ies - oh may all who come behind us find us faithful...may the fire of our devotion light their way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home