Genesis 22:1-14: the best donut ever

Thursday, September 23, 2004

the best donut ever

thank God for seeing me thru today's civil pro paper :)

just tot i'd share abt last nite. was feeling really frustrated from trying to study for civil pro, preparing my portfolio for submission today and worst of all, after i realised i'd lost my diskette. tt diskette was really impt cos it contained all my civil pro documents drafted in class and there was a particular doc i really needed for today's paper. i didn't know wat to do and just nice, colin came online and after i told him abt the diskette, he told me to go sleep and reminded me tt there's nothing i could do but to leave it to God. looking back, i realised tt wat he said was true...esp abt getting back the diskette if God really wanted me to. yeah...it's just anor earthly possession...no worries : )

i was abt to go upstairs (i was still feeling down then) when dardar brought some donuts home. "jie, donuts from the bakery. freshly baked. eat it now if u can yah?" he said to me. he'd gone fishing with his bunch of frens after the bbq so i was pretty surprised to see him back at 2am...he just passed me the donuts and ran off happily with his fren. i brought the donuts to the kitchen, not intending to eat it cos i was really full. and not tt i love donuts. but when i tot of wat my bro said to me...i decided no matter wat, i must at least eat half of it...since he got it so i could eat it warm, it'd be useless to leave it till the next day.

as i sat there on the kitchen floor, biting into the donut, i just couldn't help but cry...i was just so touched. just as i was feeling so down and out, he got me warm donuts! u noe...to me, those donuts weren't just warm...they were heart-warming...that donut was the best donut i ever ate. hmm...any of you reading this might not understand how i felt...but oh well. but u noe, i wanted so much to tell my bro tt if he ever wished for the best younger bro in the world, he can forget abt it. cos he's tt brother himself.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 am, Blogger shelia said...

hey dear...well, am so glad u had the best donut frm the best bro! treasure God's gift to you ya.. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home