Genesis 22:1-14: SS camp 2008 (day two)

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

SS camp 2008 (day two)

"wait on the LORD, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:14

goodbye to my W910i
yesterday evening, while on the way home and back to pick up bananas along the way, i lost my hp. due to my carelessness, i had put my hp into my pocket (and the pocket of my brown bermudas is actually rather shallow) and it probably fell out while i was cycling. i've never cried despite losing my hp thrice before, but this time, i really cried non-stop the entire evening and so much that my eyes hurt till the next morning...i could let go of the hp since it's material possession, but i was extremely upset abt losing the many photos, sound recordings and smses that meant a lot to me and would have want to keep. on top of that, i was worried the photos would fall into wrong hands.


i thank God for the timely reminder from His word.

reading from Psalm 27, verse 14 spoke the loudest to me because it greatly comforted me. i was reminded and challenged to wait on the Lord to refresh, renew, and teach me, even when it seems He doesn't understand my situation or the urgency of it, like when i lost my hp...because i know deep down, that He really IS in control.

i thank God too, for the many friends and ss kids at camp who showed me their concern on knowing that i had lost my hp, and how they supported, showed empathy, encouraged and were there for me...special thanks to my 'cher who lent me her shoulder to cry on (i made a mess on it), my shelia dear for her warm tight hugs, alex for the (much) use of his hp and for trying to call mine, and yvonne, who offered to backtrack my route to trace for the phone :) i really appreciate your love and help :)

1 Comments:

At 11:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no!!

are u ok???

can i still sms u??


hey jiayou for the musical ok!!

- timo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home